PLATINUM DELUXE: How To Improve Your Dry Skin
For anyone with dry skin, the secret is to create a hydration care routine that targets each step. Keep your skin healthy by using products that don't disrupt the outer layer of skin. Care for specific concerns with serums and moisturisers, and protect it from harmful UV rays. Use a hydrating cleanser to cleanse your face in the morning and at night. Choose a cleanser that is formulated with ingredients like oat or sunflower seed extracts, green tea or cucumber. These ingredients will maintain hydration and replenish nutrients taken away by cleansing.
After cleansing, immediately apply an alcohol-free toner to reduce skin pH levels and restore hydration in your skin. This step is important because it keeps moisture on the surface of the skin to stay fresh, supple and elastic.
Apply products that target specific concerns such as fine lines or dark spots if you want more specific care for dry skin. Layering products can enhance results, so use a serum and moisturiser together. Serums are designed to target specific concerns such as fine lines, wrinkles and dark spots. They work to address minor signs of ageing and renew the skin’s surface.
Moisturise with a nourishing moisturiser that contains ingredients like shea butter, cocoa butter and vitamin D3 for extra hydration. The sun causes lots of damage to your skin. To protect it from harmful UV rays, apply a broad-spectrum sunscreen every morning.
By following this simple routine, you can develop a healthy dry skin care routine that will keep your skin radiant and healthy-looking.
- Cleanse with a hydrating cleanser that doesn’t disrupt the outer skin layer.
- Tone with an alcohol-free toner to restore skin pH.
- Target specific skin concerns with a serum.
- Moisturise with a nourishing, non comedogenic moisturiser to lock in hydration.
- Protect from harm by applying sunscreen every day or wearing UV protective clothing when outdoors for long periods of time.
When it comes to cleansing for dry skin, pick a cleanser that is moisturising and gentle on the skin. Choose cleansers that are formulated with hydrating ingredients such as hyaluronic acid, aloe vera, or glycerin. These ingredients will help infuse your skin with moisture and keep it soft and supple throughout the day. Never use sodium lauryl sulphate (SLS) in any of your products because it will strip away all of the natural oils from your skin and make it more dry.
Best skin care routine for dry skin with acne
A dry skin care routine is an important complement to any skincare regimen. Even if you have oily skin, a few simple lifestyle changes can help hydrate your facial skin and prevent clogged pores:
- Avoid heavy products like oil-based lotions, moisturizers, and sunscreens when possible. These ingredients can make acne worse or cause new breakouts by blocking natural oils that keep the skin hydrated.
- Only cleanse the face once per day with a gentle cleanser that washes away excess oil without leaving it feeling dry or tight (like salicylic acid).
- Double up on hydration by using a lightweight gel or serum at night. This helps the skin hold onto moisture while you sleep, and it can prevent or clear up acne pimples by unblocking pores.
- Be sure to exfoliate gently, but regularly (once per week) to help slough away excess dead skin cells that clog pores.
- Use products with anti-aging, anti-inflammatory ingredients like botanicals, antioxidants, and red algae extracts to calm redness and irritation, which can be symptoms of acne breakouts at the same time as dry skin (especially when you're dealing with rosacea). Just make sure these ingredients are recommended for sensitive skin!