HOW DO I TAKE CARE OF MY SKIN IN HOT WEATHER WITH PLATINUM DELUXE
Would you like to ensure that your skin is always looking its best during the summer months? Make sure that you follow these six tips by Platinum Deluxe so that your skin stays well-protected against the sun's harmful rays throughout the hot season!
- Double cleanse: Make sure to thoroughly cleanse your face twice per week. The first time using a gentle cleanser, and then using a cleansing water mixed with cold water when you need it to cool down your skin. It's also important to wash your hands after touching make-up, as not all of these products are safe for sensitive areas around the eye and mouth.
- Use toner: A light acid toner that's sure to bring out the natural balance in your skin and help neutralise excess oil is key for keeping your skin looking fresh. Popular choices include witch hazel, rosewater and lime water.
- Boost your vitamin C: use a Platinum Deluxe Vitamin C serum to boost vitamin C in your body (and not just a moisturiser), you must make sure to also use a vitamin C cream, which functions like an additional layer of defence against any potential damage from the sun's harmful rays.
- Try retinol: If you're looking for something on the safe side with no real risks, look into the retinol family of products. Retinol creams do not work immediately like other products, but they have a long-lasting effect that can increase your skin's resistance to UV rays. Check Platinum Deluxe Daily Care Products.
- Hone your moisturising technique: To make sure that you're really getting the most out of your moisturisers and creams, you should start with an oil-based product that is lighter in texture and then move on to a cream-based product. This approach will make sure to cover all of the parts of your face individually without leaving any room for error. Allow the cream to absorb completely before moving onto the other areas of your face or before using anything else (such as sunscreen).
- Avoid hot water: You should avoid using hot water directly to your face, as this can be drying and potentially harmful. You also have to be extra careful not to expose your skin to the sun in a steamy or hot-air room and make sure that you're wearing sunblock during the summer months.
Keep in mind that these tips were provided by a professional Platinum Deluxe, but they are general guidelines that can be used anywhere. Just know that you will want to adapt them as much as possible depending on what products you choose, but those tips are most definitely still great for helping you out!
WHOLE BODY SKINCARE TIPS BY PLATINUM DELUXE:
As one of the most external organs, skin is subjected to so many factors from the outside world that it needs protection. Protecting your skin starts with understanding what you are dealing with it and how best to care for it. That’s why we’ve put together this post on whole body skin care tips that will arm you with all the information you need to keep healthy and glowing!
- Mole check
- Moisturise your body
- Exfoliate every week
- Target stretch marks
1. Mole check
This is not a recommended process that should be done often but it is important to do occasionally. Moles are the small lumps or bumps on any part of your body and they often appear on your face and body. They are found in every human being and are also common among dogs, cats, rabbits and other animals. The skin cancer known as melanoma affects people as well as is common among cats and dogs.
During this process, you must check for any clues of skin cancer such as irregular moles that show up darker than usual or a mole that changes colour in spots when the mole is prodded with a pencil eraser or pin between the fingers, etc.
2. Moisturise your body
This is an essential part of skin care and you need to moisturise your skin every day. Dry skin is more prone to breakouts and other skin problems so it’s best to keep an extra rich moisturiser handy at all times. Just make sure to apply the moisturiser in a thin layer all over the body several times a day for beauty benefits, as well as for proper healing and wellbeing. We recommend this whole body oil moisturiser .
3. Exfoliate every week
You need to exfoliate your skin once a week with a deep-cleansing body scrub that you can find at your local drugstore. It is especially important if you have dry skin or skin problems like eczema. Exfoliating will help get rid of dead dry skin on the surface and reveal the new, healthy, glowing skin beneath. Use this uplifting and refreshing whole body exfoliator for best results.
4. Target stretch marks
Stretch marks are those ugly red or white streaks that people get on their bodies when they gain or lose weight.