The Importance of Anti-Aging Skin Care By Platinum Deluxe
One of the best, and arguably most important, investments that you can make for your skin is to protect it with anti-aging products. The cosmetic industry has put a lot of focus over the past few years on wrinkles and ageing skin care. This article will explain why they are paying attention to these specific issues and what steps you can take to ensure that your skin looks flawless.
IMPORTANCE OF ANTI AGEING SKINCARE BY PLATINUM DELUXE
The importance of anti-aging skincare encompasses a number of different benefits:
- acting as a strong antioxidant
- Botanical Extracts that help repair damage caused by pollution
- as well as protect against any environmental pollutants you might come in contact with every day outside or inside buildings (including radon).
FACTORS THAT CAN CAUSE AGEING:
There are a large number of factors that can cause face skin to age prematurely and turn it from flawless to wrinkled, including UV damage (direct sunlight), stress, smoking and drinking less water. As you get older your skin loses collagen, which is responsible for holding the skin tight and firm, resulting in wrinkles and crepey loose skin which occur due to lack of collagen.
Radiation from light affects the collagen in our bodies so much that if it is not neutralised by antioxidants we age faster than our grandparents. When radon gas enters your body it breaks down collagen too.
Another major contributing factor is the increase of pollution and harmful substances that are found in our environment. Many of these substances are known to break down collagen and elasticity, causing premature ageing. These include:
- Lead - this is known to break down collagen up to 25% faster than normal.
- Cadmium - this substance is used in batteries and has been shown to age skin twice as fast when it was applied onto the skin for just 24 hours. When you combine this with sun exposure it can cause major damage that leads to wrinkles and age spots.
- Radon gas - even though we cannot see or smell radon it increases free radical damage, which is one of the leading causes of ageing skin.
BENEFITS OF ANTI AGEING SKINCARE ROUTINE IN SUMMER
As summertime approaches, we should be making sure that our skin is protected from the sun's damaging rays. But what are the best ways to do this? Find out what your skin needs in order to stay protected and look youthful.
First of all, if you have oily or acne prone skin, make sure to cleanse it with a toner before you exfoliate. If you live in a humid climate like I do, it’s also important to hydrate with an AHA/BHA serum every day as natural antioxidants work better when they're dry.
When combing your hair, tear it up a tiny amount into two parts. One for the scalp, and one for roots. Gently massage only one section at a time making sure not to dig in or wipe off any of the serum. When you’re done, gently rinse out your hair thoroughly; this will remove any dirt and oil that may be left behind.
When it comes to sunscreen, we all should use platinum deluxe products Broad Spectrum Sunscreen SPF 50+ for my entire body and when I travel I use platinum deluxe Sun Protection SPF30+ which is specifically designed for the face and neck to protect from sunburns.
Anti-aging creams are not just for the face. These creams can be used anywhere on your body that needs hydration and a healthy glow.
Here are some other benefits you can expect from using anti aging cream:
- moisturise your skin on a daily basis, giving you a healthy complexion
- keeps you looking young and fresh all day long, even when using air conditioning or heating units in your home or car
- will help to alleviate itchiness associated with dry skin or dandruff
- can hide pores and also keep your age spot free.
- leave no odour behind and can be used as an all over body lotion
- will absorb quickly into your skin, leaving no greasy residue and it is not too thick that it will weigh you down or cause any clogged pores
- contains vitamins A, B1, B2 , C, E , F and K
- most creams contain excellent moisturisers including hyaluronic acid which is the most common ingredient in anti ageing creams today - hyaluronic acid binds moisture to the skin cell surface to allow them to hold more water and this gives you a healthy glow
- hyaluronic acid is also great for healing wounds and scars
- hyaluronic acid will give you a refreshed, younger skin appearance and your skin will feel hydrated all day long
- most anti ageing creams are free of parabens and preservatives, which are harsh chemicals that can cause allergic reactions
- there is no need to worry about environmental toxins such as methyl paraben, propyl paraben or sodium laureth sulphate in most anti ageing lotions because these chemicals have been banned for use in cosmetics by manufacturers due to the potential damage they can cause to the human body when it comes into contact with them.