SUN SAFETY: HOW TO PROTECT YOUR SKIN FROM SUNBURN WITH PLATINUM DELUXE
Sunburns are from ultraviolet radiation – or UV rays – causing damage to the skin. When ultraviolet radiation from the sun reaches the skin, it damages the skin cells and causes mutations in their DNA. “This is why people with fairer skin are at greater risk for cancer because these cells become mutated much more quickly than those of people with darker pigmentation. In this article we are going to explore what causes sunburns, how you can prevent them, and what you need to do if you get one.
The major cause of sunburn is ultraviolet radiation, also known as UV rays. These are the same type of rays that cause skin cancer; however, most people will never develop skin cancer as a result of ultraviolet radiation from the sun.The reason for this is simple: it takes years and years of daily ultraviolet exposure to develop skin cancer. You are far more likely to die before ever developing skin cancer than to die from developing it, especially if you practice proper guidelines for health and safety in the sun.
There are two types of ultraviolet radiation: UV-A and UV-B. Sunscreens work by blocking out either one or both types of UV rays depending on the product.
What You Should Know About Protection From Sun Exposure
- When it comes to protecting your skin from sun exposure, there are a lot of things you should know. Luckily for those who don't want to spend too much time learning about the topic, the information below is quick and helpful. Read on for some helpful advice about sun protection.
- Look for sunscreen that uses the term “broad spectrum” because they protect against both UVA and UVB rays as well as other harmful environmental hazards like pollution and chemical exposure. Choose a sunscreen with a minimum SPF rating of 15. Apply sunscreen 15 to 30 minutes before you head out into the sun to give it time to seep into the skin.
- Apply sunscreens liberally. Use at least one ounce to cover the entire body.
- Use a lip balm with SPF 15 or greater to protect the lips from sun damage. Re-apply sunscreen immediately after going in the water or sweating heavily. Always wear protective clothing and hats when outdoors, particularly during peak sunlight hours (between 10am and 4pm). Wear sunglasses that block UV rays, preferably UV 400 rated glasses that not only protect your eyes but also help make your skin less susceptible to sun damage. When it comes to protection from sun exposure, you'll be happy you know these things. Enjoy your time in the sunshine while making sure you do everything you can to keep yourself healthy and out of harm's way.
How platinum deluxe products protect with sunburn:
You're shopping for a new lotion, eye cream, mask or serum. What's an easy way to protect yourself from the sun's harmful rays while you're out and about? Platinum deluxe products and other high-end brands are now offering innovative technologies that protect the skin with a variety of lightweight formulas, not to mention minimising the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. This article will go through some of those technologies and their benefits!
Platinum Deluxe Sunburn Protection:
- Platinum Deluxe Serum - this lightweight formula contains SPF 50+ which is great for protection from UVB radiation that causes sunburns
- Platinum Eye Cream - this amazing product is specifically formulated to minimise wrinkles.
- Platinum Deluxe Mud Mask - this lightweight mask is formulated to protect the skin, minimise wrinkles and reduce inflammation.
- Mustela baby sunscreen lotion SPF 30/50 - this baby-specific product is hypoallergenic, non-comedogenic and safe for use on newborns and babies
- Sunflower oil - this is an alternative to petroleum-based products which have been proven to be harmful with frequent use
- Hydrating sunscreens: 1% SPF products - these products are available in several different formulations that offer very mild protection
- Green tea - many individuals swear by this powerful antioxidant!
Sunburn Relief Protection:
- Chamomile - this soothing herb helps reduce inflammation
- Aloe vera - this moisture-rich gel is gentle enough to be used as a moisturiser, aloe vera gel can also help heal wounds. To use, gently massage the cream into the skin
- Rosewater - this soothing formula can be used as a toner, it also minimises redness and irritation in the skin after sun exposure
- Essential oils: lavender, peppermint and eucalyptus - these essential oils are anti-inflammatory which will help reduce pain from sunburns